Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Merry Clayton Christmas {Fort Smith Photographer}

Sunday, I got to be a part of something totally, wonderfully, amazing. I was asked to be the photographer for the Clayton House Christmas.

The Clayton House is an historic home here in Fort Smith that is simply breathtaking… for SO MANY reasons! Now, I'm going to gush a little bit and say that Julie, the lovely lady that runs the Clayton House, is the absolute best part about visiting. She's the sweetest woman ever. So patient and kind, and genuinely in love with her job and the people she meets every single day. I love to listen to her speak about the Clayton family, and all the volunteers and artifacts that have been donated to the house. I just want to hug her every time I see her (and I do!).
Angelic Julie with Santa!


The event started off with a bit of piano playing, and then the Fort Smith Chorale sang Christmas carols, then there was a vignette, refreshments, and crafts. Simply wonderful! It was so fun to see everyone coming and going, learning, appreciating, and being merry.


The Clayton Family vignette actors

Of course, Santa made an appearance, and what a lovely Santa he was! I even got to meet the future Mrs. Claus, and she snapped my picture with Santa and texted it to me. I had so much fun.

Seeing the children's eyes light up when they saw Santa really lit a fire inside me! I already love Christmas, and I have two children, so the magic is very real to me. Every year it is like I get to experience Christmas in a new way, through the eyes of my children. Being a mother is a wonderful gift, and I think it is even more so during the holidays!

This cutie was enthralled with Old Saint Nick!
One of the Clayton sisters hanging out with Santa between the chorale and the vignette.
This image is my favorite! Not just because it happens to be of my daughter, but because of the serious love this little girl obviously has for Santa!
Christmas at the Clayton House has been my favorite part of this holiday season, so far. I hope to be invited back next year, and I hope that all of you will join us! What a magical, historical time!

xoxo
kP

No comments:

Post a Comment