Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Macro Photography: A hobby {Fort Smith Photographer}

Hi there!

So I came up with a resolution! I know, it isn't anywhere close to New Years. That's ok, though! Bettering myself is always something I make time to do!

As a portrait photographer, learning new techniques is crucial to my trade. Staying up to date on software, hardware, props, camera body, lenses, lighting, etc., is an entire job in itself outside of even shooting! I love it though, as do most professional photographers (I think. ha).

My entire life, I have loved all the gorgeous photos of dew drops and flowers that come as your "desktop option" on a shiny new computer. I remember my first computer, when I was 13, and how the desktop was just blue. But then I figured out how to change it to different colors. It was always pink or lavender. You know… back when photos weren't on computers, the internet only let you check your e-mail and type in chatrooms.. and dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Before investing in a macro lens, I decided to try out some macro tubes ($13 on amazon, you just can't beat that). I am still not positive I like them enough to spend the money on the glass, when there are others I would rather have (probably!). I'm having fun, though.

I would like to share with you a couple of images from around my yard, after a lovely Southern summer thunderstorm!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment